Patients Have Increased Success with Medically-Guided Weight Loss
Bring health and wellness to your patients in a safe and effective way
I have been truly satisfied with the whole program – from the cost and value of the program, to the support, and my outcome. I couldn’t have asked for more than I’ve received for my money.”
Recently, obesity was finally classified as a disease by the American Heart Association and the number of conditions caused by obesity is profound. Maladies like asthma, depression, coronary artery disease, heartburn, hypertension, osteoarthritis, and varicose veins are just a few. Every practice has patients who, no matter how much they try on their own, cannot achieve successful weight loss. So how can a healthcare provider treat them respectively and correctly with a weight loss program?
Ancillary Medical Solutions has partnered with WeightLoss MD, a company that specializes in creating customized weight loss programs which include personal medical counseling from highly-trained medical professionals. The step-by-step solution will monitor a patient’s progress and make the necessary adjustments to allow the patient to achieve both short and long term goals. Although the primary goal is to reach a target weight quickly and easily, the focus of care is to have the patient maintain their weight loss permanently, so they won’t put the weight back on after completing the medical weight loss program.
Think about those patients who need another avenue, more support, and, most important, your help in losing the weight that’s adversely affecting their life. Join AMS and WeightLoss MD to provide your patients with a highly-effective weight loss treatment program.
A Provider-Patient Partnership in Weight Loss
Patient Touch points:
- Extensive Testing – Bloodwork (five different panels), an EKG, blood pressure, body fat analysis, and a personal medical history are obtained.
- Clinician Review – The patient will see a Board Certified MD or Nurse Practitioner for the first consultation. They will go over the test results and medical history to then suggest one of the highly-effective diet plans. The healthcare provider will also decide if the patient is a good candidate for appetite suppression medication. If so, it will be dispensed to the patient on-site.
- Weekly Visits – These visits are not mandatory, but it is highly beneficial for the patient to come into the clinic each week. The patient comes in, discusses the diet successes or problems, then program adjustments are made, as necessary.
Become the Local Luminary in Medically-Guided Weight Loss
WeightLoss MD offers their model to you so you can add a weight loss program to your existing medical practice or open a standalone weight loss and wellness center. WeightLoss MD is not a weight loss franchise – you are simply buying the business model, extensive training, and support for one low fee.
Comprehensive one-on-one medical training and shadowing, detailed marketing and advertising, staff training, diets, patient protocols and programs, office procedures, a 500-page operations manual, vendor contacts, and EMR and DEA dispensing implementation are included.
- Business Office Management/Practice Owner Personalized Training Sessions
- Clinician Training Course and Shadowing
- Case Scenario Analysis
- Medical Protocol Training Session
- Medical Protocol Manual
- Pharmaceutical Use Protocol and Training
- Cloud-Based Prescription Dispensing/Ordering
- Full HIPAA/OSHA Compliance Training
- Physician Dispensing Pharmacy/DEA Compliance/Injectables
- Nationally Negotiated Vendor Pricing
- Marketing and Public Relations Assistance
- Customizable Advertising Materials
- Floor Plan Design
- Insurance Billing
- Strategic Planning
Start-up and Implementation
How Do I Get Started?
Your Certified Ancillary Consultant will work with your practice to ensure that you have everything you need to get started. We offer intensive training on all aspects of the medical weight loss programs as well as EMR integration and set up, ongoing support, and regular check-ups to be sure that your practice is optimized.
Three Intensive Training Sessions
Session 1 – Clinic Owners and CEO
- Financial and Competition
- Footprint and Design
- Flowchart of Patient Care
- Front Office
- Back Office
- Sales and Marketing
- HealthFair MD
- Wellness MD
- Legal Compliance
- Safety Programs
- Action Plans
- Training Sessions
Session 2 – Clinicians
- Shadow – Medical Director
- Presentation – Medical Director
- Shadow – Nurse Practitioner
- Presentation – Nurse Practitioner
Session 3 – Practice Manager
- Protocols and Procedures
1) After purchasing the Weight Loss MD program, generate interest in your existing patient population.
2) Attend the training sessions and familiarize yourself and your staff with the appropriate procedures and testing.
3) A flash drive with all forms and necessary marketing materials will be provided to your practice.
4) Start-up includes an EMR (Practice Fusion). Your AMS consultant will work to integrate this into your practice.
5) Introduce this innovative new weight loss service to your patients and help them to gain lasting control over their own wellness.
Five Common Start-Up Mistakes
Chances are, if you’ve thought about striking out on your own and starting your own medical weight loss practice, somebody has suggested that you buy a franchise. Odds are also good that someone else you know has urged you not to use a franchise service. Here are five mistakes to avoid making when deciding how to open your weight loss practice.
1. “This will be easy.”
Whether you’re finishing your residency, deciding to leave a group practice, or looking to add weight loss to your current practice, you rarely ever give yourself enough time to start a practice the right way. If you go it alone it may take years to develop your own diets, medical protocols, office procedures, electronic record keeping system, advertising, vendors, and staff training materials.
2. “I have to buy a franchise.”
Purchasing a franchise often means high start-up costs, questionable profitability, restricted territory and encroachment, limited independence, royalty payments, crazy termination provisions, and restrictions on post-term competition. Do your due diligence and, if you’re still considering investing in a franchise, sit down with the three franchisees to discuss their financial experiences.
3. “Staffing won’t be a problem.”
Recruiting and hiring is a skill. Get help to understand who to hire to ensure that you bring in a highly-motivated staff that’s just as invested as you are. Hiring the wrong people can be extremely expensive, considering how much you’ll invest in them to learn your medical protocols, systems, equipment, and workflow processes. Counseling is a large part of a weight loss medical practice and the right personnel should always engage your patients. If you are adding a weight loss model to your existing practice, you have to make sure that it is integrated properly.
4. “If I build it, they will come.”
Marketing is crucial to a weight loss medical practice in order to attract new patients, and networking, advertising in print, and solidifying your social media presence, are all important components of a successful start-up practice.
As you introduce your new medical weight loss practice to existing patients and your community, you have only one chance to make a first impression. Using our strategies you can learn, adapt, and strive for excellence in the clinical and business side of your own practice.
5. “Once the doors are open, I don’t need anyone.”
You will be more profitable if you have ongoing support. You need a mentor and you need to know what other clinics are doing around the country. Your practice needs a consistent stream of new products and new services to attract new patients and keep current patients coming back.
New Patient Testing
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP or Chem14) – An array of 14 laboratory tests that gives important information about the current status of your kidneys, liver, and electrolyte balance, as well as blood sugar and blood proteins.
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) – Used as a broad screening test to check for disorders such as anemia, infection, and many other diseases.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) – Tests for thyroid hormones. Low levels of TSH can indicate hypothyroidism (not enough thyroid hormone = fatigue, depression) while high levels can indicate hyperthyroidism (too much thyroid hormone = Graves Disease, sweating, hair falling out).
- Total Thyroxine (T4) – Measures the blood level of the hormone T4, also known as thyroxine, which is produced by the thyroid gland and helps control metabolism and growth. The T4 test is performed as part of an evaluation of thyroid function.
- Lipid Panel – Cholesterol and triglyceride levels along with cholesterol ratios. High levels of triglycerides and LDL (bad) cholesterol, and low levels of HDL (good) cholesterol are considered potential indicators of heart disease.
hCG– Determines pregnancy.
- Ketones – Substances that are made when the body breaks down fat for energy. Normally, your body gets the energy it needs from carbohydratein in your diet. Stored fat is broken down and ketones are made if your diet does not contain enough carbohydrate to supply the body with glucose for energy, or if your body can’t use glucose properly.
- EKG – (Does this belong here?) Checks for problems with the electrical activity of the heart.
Healthy Weight Loss Plans
- High Protein/Low Calorie – 20 different, calorie-specific, high protein diets, plus meal plans and grocery lists.
- Dash Diet – An eating plan designed to lower blood pressure. DASH is an acronym for Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension.
- 10-14 Day Diet – Our own modified liquid diet plan that includes liquid protein shakes plus a low-calorie meal.
- HCG Diet – A different, updated take on the Simeon HCG diet where patients can lose up to 30 pounds a month.
- Fast Diet – An intermittent fasting program used for long term maintenance and by insulin-resistant patients with problematic cofactors.
Daily Diet & Exercise Emails
We offer a proprietary customizable email program that allows you to email your patients every day!
You simply input a patient’s email address and select the appropriate diet and/or exercise program you’ve chosen for them and they receive a daily:
- calorie specific menu
- cartoon or motivational quote
- exercise regimen for that day
Daily Exercise Plans
- Beginners’ Walking
- True Beginners’ Exercise
- At-Home Fitness Plan
- Beginner 6-Week Plan
- 8-Week Toning Plan
- Women Over 40 Six-Week Shape-Up
- Healthy Pregnancy Wellness Plan
Full Marketing Support
- Monthly Newsletters
- Success Stories
- Google Maps
- Yahoo Maps
- Bing Maps
- Living Social
- Extensive Google AdWords, Bing, and Yahoo campaigns
- Target desktop, tablet and mobile devices
- Build out keyword list and ads, organizing by theme into appropriate ad groups
- Set up applicable ad extensions
- Research and implement appropriate negative keywords at launch