The Annual Wellness Visit
The Annual Wellness Visit (AWV) was introduced in January 2011 and has slowly been adapted by physicians as part of their standard of care for Medicare patients. The benefits of conducting the AWV are many, both for patient and physician. With the increase in the aging population and the prevalence of chronic conditions, Medicare programs aim to delay or modify the onset and progress of these disease states.
This comprehensive AWV solution provides more than just the AWV assessment. We have brought together efficiencies for implementing the AWV to increase physician participation in delivering the AWV as well as enhance practice revenues. Additional neuro cognitive assessment is offered as part of the program to help detect the 70 to 75% of undiagnosed dementia and predementia currently present in our aging population.
The keys for delivery of the Medicare programs such as the AWV are compliance, efficiency and maximizing the health care providers time. Our solution takes the pain out of providing the AWV by having the patient manage the assessment independently on a mobile tablet. This program can be easily partnered with the Chronic Care Management program. The tablet also comes with a number of other standardized assessments including the PHQ 9, AUDIT, ORT and more.This removes the need for offices to use paper based forms and also qualifies the assessment for additional billing codes.
Many physicians are beginning to use their EMR systems for the AWV however many are not providing the patient with a written report outlining their preventive care plan. Failure to provide this report is not compliant with the Medicare requirements for provision of the G0438 and G0439 codes and can risk claw back in the event of an audit.
Why choose eScreening?
- eScreening provides a valuable and time efficient tool for offices to perform the AWV and other validated mental and behavioral assessments. Reports are intuitive and actionable and available immediately upon completion of the assesssment. The assessments can be further customized at no additional cost. The cost of the program is $199 per month per physician for unlimited assessments. The additional benefit of behavioral assessments allows this tool to be used on broader age groups to help identify mental issues in any adult patient.
How Does It Work?
The AWV can become a hub of care for your Medicare patient by producing medical necessity for further testing and care. The AWV has been shown to help improve patient outcomes through the increased awareness of needs of preventive testing and patient engagement.
Electronic Health Assessment
How Do I Get Started?
These turnkey options, enable the physician to focus on patient care while we provide the support required to maximize the uptake of the AWV and additional revenue options.
A simple agreement is signed and the physician is then billed monthly at $199 each month. The solution is low cost to get started and provides a lot more than a AWV assessment.
With our Electronic solution the cost of entry is minimal. This solution combine with the EHA has proven very successful for a range of practice types.
1) Your consultant will work with you to ensure the AWV solution is right for your practice.
2) Sign the start-up agreement and determine if you have sufficient staffing
3) Determine a time for training
4) Let patients know that you are offering the AWV to enhance their care
5) Once training is complete direct Medicare patients to have their AWV performed and watch the revenues increase
6) Average start time is 5 to 10 days to be up and running.
If you are not performing the AWV, you may be losing significant revenue with every 100 Medicare patients capable of producing form $16,000 to $100,000 in revenue. Use the AWV to leverage further services by providing an evidence based approach to patient care and provide the quality credits you seek for PQRS.
Talk to your consultant or contact us to find out the best solution for your practice.